Balancing my life
Penultimate day – Lessons learnt so far!
What have I learnt so far?
Well I have learned from the study of this book and always referring it back to the Bible that God’s five purposes for my life includes:
- loving God with all my heart – since I am planned for God’s pleasure, my purpose is to love God through worship
- loving my neighbour as myself – since I am shaped for serving, my purpose therefore is to show love to others through my ministry
- to go and make disciples – since I am made for a mission; my purpose is to share God’s message though evangelism
- baptise them into – since I am formed for God’s family, my purpose is to identify with God’s church through fellowship
- Teach them to do all things – since I was created to become like Christ, my purpose is to grow to maturity through discipleship
So even though my commitment to the great commandment and great commission will make me a great Christian, this is not an easy thing to do – a balance is required. For that reason, in order to keep a balance, I need to:
· Join a small group for accountability – [Prov. 27 vs. 17; Philippians 4 vs. 9]; this includes praying, encouraging and supporting each other seeing as we are meant to grow together not separately [1 Thess.. 5 vs. 11].
· Regularly evaluate my spiritual health – [Lamentations 3 vs. 40; 1 Corinth. 11 vs. 28; 31; 31 vs. 5; Gal. 6 vs. 4; 2 Corinth. 13 vs. 5]; to do this I need to check my vital signs of: worship, fellowship, Growth in character and mission [2 Corinth. 8 vs. 11].
· Record my progress in a personal journal – I am told that this is not a diary of event, but more of a record of life’s lessons that I don’t want to forget [Heb. 2 vs. 1; Numbers 33 vs. 2]; as I journey through life [Psalm 56 vs. 8]. As every problem that I face is purpose driven as it forces me to focus on God, draw me closer to others in fellowship, build Christ like character in me, provide me with a ministry and finally give me a testimony [Psalm 102 vs. 18]. By recording my progress I preserve the testimony of God and how He came through for me and helped me fulfil my purpose.
· Pass on what I’ve learned to others – [Prov. 11 vs. 25; 2 Tim. 2 vs. 2]. It is my responsibility to carry God’s message to others [James 4 vs. 17], a privilege God has allowed me to be part of [1 Tim.4 vs. 6; John 17 vs. 6-26]