Verse of the Day
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. [NIV] Proverbs 19:21
It is the purpose of God that matters in the end. Not the life you tried to plan for yourself. Why you ask, because living the life you were purposed to live is the fulfilled one. Someone once said: Without a purpose, life is motion without meaning, activity without direction, and events without reason. Without a purpose life is trivial, petty, and pointless. [Rick Warren]; and the plans outside of the purpose of God which you try to make for your life could be descried as trivial, petty and pointless! But you may ask, how do I discover God’s purpose for me? I found this five steps really useful from Grace Houle of poured out his love blog and thought to share 🙂
- ASK GOD FOR HIS SPECIFIC PURPOSE FOR YOU: [So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Luke 11:9]
- BELIEVE GOD AT HIS WORD: [The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me. Psalm 138:8; For I know the plans I have for you, ‘declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11]
- EVALUATE YOUR STRENGTHS: Find out the things you excel in? Many studies have revealed that the average person has between 500-700 different skills/abilities. It is important to focus on just 1 or 2 of those strengths to try to understand your uniquely designed purpose. But make sure you also get a second opinion in this category, because I could say my strength is singing, but if that wasn’t the case, then I’m simply deluding myself 🙂
- EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT STRENGTHS: If you think you have a gift with children, then start involving yourself in children’s programs; if you think you can sing, offer your talent that way. Try different avenues. Be more proactive, and talk less!
- USE YOUR EXPERIENCE: What has happened in the past or is happening in your present has made you who you are. Good/Bad. God does not waste anything. Even your worst pains can be used for God’s glory. And the beauty of it all is that your pain will probably be where you derive your greatest passion and empathy for others. [That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Cor. 12:10.]
Isn’t it better to live a life God created for you to live, instead of a life you tried to plan for yourself; As Myles Munroe said, it is more tragic to be alive and not know why, than be dead and not know life. #Verseoftheday #Bible #Jesus #God #Devotional #PurposeOfLife #PurposefulLiving #MylesMunroe #LifeOfPurpose #Death #Grave #GraveYard #Life
Verse of the Day
“Submit to God, and you will have peace; then things will go well for you. [NLT] Job 22:21
Today I am reminded of the importance of living a life of purpose, a life you were born to live! But how do you know what life you were created to live? A wonderful man once said that everyone regardless of class, creed or colour will always ask themselves five questions:
(1) Whom am I? – A revelation of your essence, what you do?
(2) Where am I from? – In regards to your creation. If you don’t know where you’re from, you’ll never know what your quality is. If you feel you evolved from an animal then that’s the quality of what you’re made of! Your quality is dependent on your source!
(3) Where am I from and why was I conceived? There must be a purpose of your existence, no one just came into being by accident, or just showed up. There must be more to it!
(4) What can I do? No one knows your ability except your maker, your creator, the God of heaven and earth. Don’t let someone who doesn’t understand your potential to pull you down. Choose who you’re listening to. If you want to be a success, don’t hang around with failures. If you want to be great don’t keep company with people who don’t think great concepts! Don’t let people who don’t speak positively into your life influence your goals.
(5) Where am I going to? No one was born to die. You were born to fulfil a destiny. To fulfil a purpose.
What you’re looking for is exactly where you are. Success is where God has placed you. The future is not ahead of you, but on the inside of you. The grave yard is a rich place full of people who died without fulfilling their purpose! We need to make up our mind to die emptying out all that God has given to us to fulfil our life of purpose; and not to die without living the life God created us to live! With times like today we are reminded by Dr Myles Munroe that we ought to go to the grave yard disappointing it, by living the life God created us to live! Pour out your gift, live your life as you were created to live. And if you’re still in doubt as to what that life is, go back to your master builder, and He’ll be happy to tell you all about it! Submit your life and your ways to God, and you’ll see everything falling on pleasant places for you! Empty it all out! #Verseoftheday #Bible #Jesus #God #Devotional #PurposeOfLife #PurposefulLiving #MylesMunroe #LifeOfPurpose #Death #Grave #GraveYard #Life
Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. [NLT] 1 Corinthians 13:12
We may not understand all that is happening around us right now, but because we have the maker of all things, creator of the entire universe in full control of our lives and affairs, we can rest assured that one day His plans will be revealed completely. And in the end that’s all that matters. It may not all make sense now, but one day you’ll see it makes sense to trust Jesus!! #Reflection #Devotional #Bible #Jesus #Verseoftheday
Verse of the Day
The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. [NIV] Isaiah 58:11
I wonder if we all recall what a well watered Garden looks like? Exactly always looking well kept, bright, glorious, making its neighbours wishing theirs was like it. The Lord says He’s going to make you be like this Garden, like a spring that never runs out of water. No matter how hard your day may have been or the struggles, The Lord is reminding you of the glorious hope you have in Him if you don’t give up! Your future is bright, it’s filled with unending testimonies; don’t let your current circumstances make you give up on your glorious future. All is indeed well with all that concerns you. #VerseoftheDay #Bible #Jesus #Devotional #AWellWateredGarden #Hope #HopeOfGlory
Verse of the Day
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. [NIV] Psalms 42:11
The weather outside may be a reflection of how you’re feeling on the inside. Maybe you’re feeling out of sorts and still confused about your future. Maybe you’ve received some not so good news which has left you feeling a little low. Don’t let your soul be downcast, don’t let your spirit be disturbed. The Lord Jesus is still aware of all that is happening to you. And in time you’ll see His great plans for you come together to favour and bless you. He is more than able to work things out for you. Cheer up, it’s not all over yet! #Verseoftheday #Devotional #Downcast #Depression