Verse of the Day
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. [NIV] Proverbs 19:21
It is the purpose of God that matters in the end. Not the life you tried to plan for yourself. Why you ask, because living the life you were purposed to live is the fulfilled one. Someone once said: Without a purpose, life is motion without meaning, activity without direction, and events without reason. Without a purpose life is trivial, petty, and pointless. [Rick Warren]; and the plans outside of the purpose of God which you try to make for your life could be descried as trivial, petty and pointless! But you may ask, how do I discover God’s purpose for me? I found this five steps really useful from Grace Houle of poured out his love blog and thought to share 🙂
- ASK GOD FOR HIS SPECIFIC PURPOSE FOR YOU: [So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Luke 11:9]
- BELIEVE GOD AT HIS WORD: [The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me. Psalm 138:8; For I know the plans I have for you, ‘declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11]
- EVALUATE YOUR STRENGTHS: Find out the things you excel in? Many studies have revealed that the average person has between 500-700 different skills/abilities. It is important to focus on just 1 or 2 of those strengths to try to understand your uniquely designed purpose. But make sure you also get a second opinion in this category, because I could say my strength is singing, but if that wasn’t the case, then I’m simply deluding myself 🙂
- EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT STRENGTHS: If you think you have a gift with children, then start involving yourself in children’s programs; if you think you can sing, offer your talent that way. Try different avenues. Be more proactive, and talk less!
- USE YOUR EXPERIENCE: What has happened in the past or is happening in your present has made you who you are. Good/Bad. God does not waste anything. Even your worst pains can be used for God’s glory. And the beauty of it all is that your pain will probably be where you derive your greatest passion and empathy for others. [That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Cor. 12:10.]
Isn’t it better to live a life God created for you to live, instead of a life you tried to plan for yourself; As Myles Munroe said, it is more tragic to be alive and not know why, than be dead and not know life. #Verseoftheday #Bible #Jesus #God #Devotional #PurposeOfLife #PurposefulLiving #MylesMunroe #LifeOfPurpose #Death #Grave #GraveYard #Life
Verse of the Day
“Submit to God, and you will have peace; then things will go well for you. [NLT] Job 22:21
Today I am reminded of the importance of living a life of purpose, a life you were born to live! But how do you know what life you were created to live? A wonderful man once said that everyone regardless of class, creed or colour will always ask themselves five questions:
(1) Whom am I? – A revelation of your essence, what you do?
(2) Where am I from? – In regards to your creation. If you don’t know where you’re from, you’ll never know what your quality is. If you feel you evolved from an animal then that’s the quality of what you’re made of! Your quality is dependent on your source!
(3) Where am I from and why was I conceived? There must be a purpose of your existence, no one just came into being by accident, or just showed up. There must be more to it!
(4) What can I do? No one knows your ability except your maker, your creator, the God of heaven and earth. Don’t let someone who doesn’t understand your potential to pull you down. Choose who you’re listening to. If you want to be a success, don’t hang around with failures. If you want to be great don’t keep company with people who don’t think great concepts! Don’t let people who don’t speak positively into your life influence your goals.
(5) Where am I going to? No one was born to die. You were born to fulfil a destiny. To fulfil a purpose.
What you’re looking for is exactly where you are. Success is where God has placed you. The future is not ahead of you, but on the inside of you. The grave yard is a rich place full of people who died without fulfilling their purpose! We need to make up our mind to die emptying out all that God has given to us to fulfil our life of purpose; and not to die without living the life God created us to live! With times like today we are reminded by Dr Myles Munroe that we ought to go to the grave yard disappointing it, by living the life God created us to live! Pour out your gift, live your life as you were created to live. And if you’re still in doubt as to what that life is, go back to your master builder, and He’ll be happy to tell you all about it! Submit your life and your ways to God, and you’ll see everything falling on pleasant places for you! Empty it all out! #Verseoftheday #Bible #Jesus #God #Devotional #PurposeOfLife #PurposefulLiving #MylesMunroe #LifeOfPurpose #Death #Grave #GraveYard #Life
Verse of the Day
Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart’s desires. [NLT] Psalm 37:4
Its half way through the year, and maybe for some of us, some of the goals and plans you set out to achieve this year never quite gathered a momentum. Maybe you had some really high expectations that the initial hard work will set the pace for the dreams to become a reality. Or quite possibly because of how long it’s taking, you’ve maybe given up on that audacious plan and have now settled for a life less ordinary. Is this the response of many of you? You still mustn’t give up on that dream. The Word of the Lord says that He will grant you your heart’s desire. The desires of your heart will not go unfulfilled. All your hard work will one day come to fruition, only if you are willing to persist in it. I’m not sure if this is timely, but even I have found that some of my plans that I started out 2014 with, with such enthusiasm have started to wane. So sometimes, it’s good to do a reflection on where you are, what you’ve done so far and how much of the plan still remains to be completed. It’s true that there may still be much work to be achieved, but I’m sure if you were to look back at the last six months, you will see that there have been some milestones which you’ve reached, and that my friend, may not have been the ultimate, but it was still a goal that came to pass :D. You still have another six months to press even harder. This is not the time or the place to give up; and because you take #delight in #God, He will not rest until He has made you the golden wonder that you are :D. Keep pressing on! Your life and destiny is worth fighting for! #2014PlansReview #2014GoalsReveiew #HowWellImIDoing
Verse of the Day
You did not abandon them in the wilderness because of Your great compassion. During the day the pillar of cloud never turned away from them, guiding them on their journey. And during the night the pillar of fire illuminated the way they should go. [HCSB] Nehemiah 9:19
You see, and there you were thinking you’ve been abandoned and left for dead all along. #God, creator of the heavens and the earth gave you life (vs 6) that was why you were able to wake up in the morning. He found you worthy and not worthless because of the finished work of #Christ, and for that reason kept His covenant and promise of never leaving you or forsaking you, but I guess you were too dejected to notice that. He saw your suffering and heard your cry that was why He came and gave you the miraculous sign of the gift of health, and sound mind. By day as you walked albeit mechanically doing your daily chores, it was He who gave you the day’s light to guide you throughout your journeys, and by night, when it became dark, He helped you find your way to safety, amidst the chaos and the dangers that lurked in the night. Your tummy rumbled and immediately signalled you were hungry, but He made sure that you never went a day without food, and water to quench your thirsty life. He was to you that unwanted help that gave you the 101 on how to survive and live the good life through Him, through His WORD. But I guess, because it wasn’t like physically winning the Euro-millions lottery and driving the Lamborghini Veneno Roadster, things you felt that would show for definite that He was with you, you couldn’t quite see that indeed through it all, only He was right by your side. Today He has given you another chance to see your life through His eyes. He has given you the gift of life, health and of sound mine, again for a purpose. See to it that this time around you don’t squander it; that you see Him for Who He is! Your God who is always there for you, Who will never abandon you regardless of the fiercest of storms! #NehemiahChallenge #Verseoftheday
Be strong and let your heart take courage, All you who hope in the LORD. [NASB] Psalm 31:24
It’s almost the end of 2013 – ok two weeks and one day still to go 😀 – And you’ve decided/tried to do a “stock check” of how your year has been. While you’re doing it, you’re also looking across at “Amy’s”, Lorrain’s, Stephen’s, Chuck’s and Jenifer’s list. And after you’ve compared your list, you came to a conclusion that you didn’t do so well. In fact, you’ve decided on the verdict that God has been better to them, than He’s been to you; since during the year, you’ve received no promotion, no pay rise, no change in property, no addition to the family, nothing! In effect, no benefit in being a Christ follower or believing all that about God creating you for a purpose and being a success story. You’ve maybe decided not to listen to any more encouraging word, and “lifeofastranger” can stop already with her pep “status updates” ;). Because all she actually does is to get me all excited only for me to be disappointed 😦
You are not a “robot”, of course you’re allowed to have some of “them days”. But I’m still here to tell you that Jesus Christ is alive, He is the same yesterday, today and forever, and you are NEVER forgotten. So if Lorrain and those around you are doing well. God has blessed them too, but He has not forgotten you. Yes 2013 is almost done, but at least, you were alive to see it, and still here to see it come to an end. That my friend is a wonderful blessing, because without it, the others will be of no use to you. So my dearest, you see, God did bless you in 2013 :)!