Verse of the Day
Once I was young, and now I am old. Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread. [New Living Translation] Psalm 37:25
Rest assured, God has not abandoned you. Neither has He forsaken you. You are surely coming out of that valley. You will not end your days in that lowered ground. The most High God, Creator of the entire universe can never desert in you in that situation. Have faith all is surely well with you. #VerseoftheDay #Bible #Devotional
Verse of the Day
“You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.” [NLT] Matthew 17:20
Strip off of your person every tag, label, and signs of limitations in your life which your Father in heaven has not placed on you. The power that raised Jesus from the dead is at work in you, don’t you realise what that means. Don’t limit yourself by giving up on your dreams, dare to see it fulfilled in your life. If you have enough faith to say it, God has enough power to do it. And He is more than able to make you an unstoppable wonder in your generation. You are much more than the life you are leading. Don’t bury the dream when it has a great survival rate with God! Don’t give up on God, He is more than able to breathe life into every stagnant, dead, barren areas of your life. All you need do is have faith in God. Not big faith, faith as small as a mustard seed. Don’t bury what can live! #Faith #MustardSeedFaith #God #Jesus #VerseoftheDay #Devotional
Verse of the Day
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. [NIV] Proverbs 19:21
It is the purpose of God that matters in the end. Not the life you tried to plan for yourself. Why you ask, because living the life you were purposed to live is the fulfilled one. Someone once said: Without a purpose, life is motion without meaning, activity without direction, and events without reason. Without a purpose life is trivial, petty, and pointless. [Rick Warren]; and the plans outside of the purpose of God which you try to make for your life could be descried as trivial, petty and pointless! But you may ask, how do I discover God’s purpose for me? I found this five steps really useful from Grace Houle of poured out his love blog and thought to share 🙂
- ASK GOD FOR HIS SPECIFIC PURPOSE FOR YOU: [So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Luke 11:9]
- BELIEVE GOD AT HIS WORD: [The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me. Psalm 138:8; For I know the plans I have for you, ‘declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11]
- EVALUATE YOUR STRENGTHS: Find out the things you excel in? Many studies have revealed that the average person has between 500-700 different skills/abilities. It is important to focus on just 1 or 2 of those strengths to try to understand your uniquely designed purpose. But make sure you also get a second opinion in this category, because I could say my strength is singing, but if that wasn’t the case, then I’m simply deluding myself 🙂
- EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT STRENGTHS: If you think you have a gift with children, then start involving yourself in children’s programs; if you think you can sing, offer your talent that way. Try different avenues. Be more proactive, and talk less!
- USE YOUR EXPERIENCE: What has happened in the past or is happening in your present has made you who you are. Good/Bad. God does not waste anything. Even your worst pains can be used for God’s glory. And the beauty of it all is that your pain will probably be where you derive your greatest passion and empathy for others. [That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Cor. 12:10.]
Isn’t it better to live a life God created for you to live, instead of a life you tried to plan for yourself; As Myles Munroe said, it is more tragic to be alive and not know why, than be dead and not know life. #Verseoftheday #Bible #Jesus #God #Devotional #PurposeOfLife #PurposefulLiving #MylesMunroe #LifeOfPurpose #Death #Grave #GraveYard #Life
Verse of the Day
“Submit to God, and you will have peace; then things will go well for you. [NLT] Job 22:21
Today I am reminded of the importance of living a life of purpose, a life you were born to live! But how do you know what life you were created to live? A wonderful man once said that everyone regardless of class, creed or colour will always ask themselves five questions:
(1) Whom am I? – A revelation of your essence, what you do?
(2) Where am I from? – In regards to your creation. If you don’t know where you’re from, you’ll never know what your quality is. If you feel you evolved from an animal then that’s the quality of what you’re made of! Your quality is dependent on your source!
(3) Where am I from and why was I conceived? There must be a purpose of your existence, no one just came into being by accident, or just showed up. There must be more to it!
(4) What can I do? No one knows your ability except your maker, your creator, the God of heaven and earth. Don’t let someone who doesn’t understand your potential to pull you down. Choose who you’re listening to. If you want to be a success, don’t hang around with failures. If you want to be great don’t keep company with people who don’t think great concepts! Don’t let people who don’t speak positively into your life influence your goals.
(5) Where am I going to? No one was born to die. You were born to fulfil a destiny. To fulfil a purpose.
What you’re looking for is exactly where you are. Success is where God has placed you. The future is not ahead of you, but on the inside of you. The grave yard is a rich place full of people who died without fulfilling their purpose! We need to make up our mind to die emptying out all that God has given to us to fulfil our life of purpose; and not to die without living the life God created us to live! With times like today we are reminded by Dr Myles Munroe that we ought to go to the grave yard disappointing it, by living the life God created us to live! Pour out your gift, live your life as you were created to live. And if you’re still in doubt as to what that life is, go back to your master builder, and He’ll be happy to tell you all about it! Submit your life and your ways to God, and you’ll see everything falling on pleasant places for you! Empty it all out! #Verseoftheday #Bible #Jesus #God #Devotional #PurposeOfLife #PurposefulLiving #MylesMunroe #LifeOfPurpose #Death #Grave #GraveYard #Life
Verse of the Day
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. [NIV] Psalm 139:15
Have you allowed a lie or many variations of it to master you? Have you allowed it to get a foothold into your life, letting it erode your hopes and dreams? Was it because it was easier to believe the lie instead of seeing the truth for what it is. Some times what you know for certain about the Sovereignty of God is more than enough for you to see the truth for what it is! That God created you to reflect the glory of His goodness! You don’t need anyone to tell you or teach you the truth. It is never hidden, it’s not that difficult to find? Just because the lie has clouded your mind into believing the truth is not for the like of you; still doesn’t stop the truth from being the truth, doesn’t stop the truth from being what God says is “TRUE”! God is so confident about the truth of all He says concerning you, about your glorious destiny, about you, that no lie of the enemy can ever stop it from becoming a realisation. Don’t you think it’s also time you became confident in the assurance of God, in His truth, which can never be hidden in your life, which He says in Isaiah 55:10-11 will definitely be realised in your life? Don’t you think it’s time you started believing the truth? #VerseoftheDay #Devotional #Bible #Jesus #Secret #Truth #Hidden #lies #untruth #God
Verse of the Day
So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most [NLT] Hebrews 4:16
Sometimes after you’ve fought the good fight of faith, and it appears that your seen promised land is still in the distant nether regions, you next action is to stand your ground and not to give in. Not to sit down, while at the same time trying to explain to your heart why it’s time to stop fighting, or to stop hoping, or well to find an alternative land; sometimes all you need do is stand! You have come too far to give up! You’ve put up a brave fight to see it all be in vain! Ask God for courage, the courage to stand and see the vision a reality! Ask the Lord Jesus for His confidence, with which you can douse all fiery doubts back to oblivion. Your season of breakthrough has not left you behind and was never a lie! This year, albeit almost ended, you will still experience the reality (not the religiosity) of serving a Living and Mighty God. Your testimony this 2014 will still be an unending one, so don’t just give in just yet! Ask The “Ancient of Days” for the courage to stand, so that you will be able to see that promised “promise” was never a mirage! The promise of God over your life is an assured one, so keep on standing on that promise! Your life is not a mistake, your expectation is not a false one and you my friends are not alone! #VerseoftheDay #Devotional #Bible #Jesus #CourageInTimesOfAdversity #CourageToStand #God #Faith #Fight #FightOfFaith
Verse of the Day
… but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.. [KJV] Daniel 11:32
In the face of the daily struggles we face as believers, the knowledge that our Strength in Christ will never fail us is more than enough to spur us on to the finishing line. He has loved us and given us a new reason why life is worth living. And because we have trusted in Jesus, because we have believed His message, because we have chosen to follow Him, because we have chosen to love Him and none other, we have that unshakable knowledge that our future is secured and is one worth holding unto and fighting for. Your tomorrow will definitely be much better than your today, because God said so, and because we have believed, so shall be done unto us in Jesus name. Amen. #Verseoftheday #Devotional #Bible #Jesus #BetterTomorrow