Verse of the Day
Once I was young, and now I am old. Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread. [New Living Translation] Psalm 37:25
Rest assured, God has not abandoned you. Neither has He forsaken you. You are surely coming out of that valley. You will not end your days in that lowered ground. The most High God, Creator of the entire universe can never desert in you in that situation. Have faith all is surely well with you. #VerseoftheDay #Bible #Devotional
Verse of the Day
“You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.” [NLT] Matthew 17:20
Strip off of your person every tag, label, and signs of limitations in your life which your Father in heaven has not placed on you. The power that raised Jesus from the dead is at work in you, don’t you realise what that means. Don’t limit yourself by giving up on your dreams, dare to see it fulfilled in your life. If you have enough faith to say it, God has enough power to do it. And He is more than able to make you an unstoppable wonder in your generation. You are much more than the life you are leading. Don’t bury the dream when it has a great survival rate with God! Don’t give up on God, He is more than able to breathe life into every stagnant, dead, barren areas of your life. All you need do is have faith in God. Not big faith, faith as small as a mustard seed. Don’t bury what can live! #Faith #MustardSeedFaith #God #Jesus #VerseoftheDay #Devotional
Verse of the Day
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. [NIV] Proverbs 19:21
It is the purpose of God that matters in the end. Not the life you tried to plan for yourself. Why you ask, because living the life you were purposed to live is the fulfilled one. Someone once said: Without a purpose, life is motion without meaning, activity without direction, and events without reason. Without a purpose life is trivial, petty, and pointless. [Rick Warren]; and the plans outside of the purpose of God which you try to make for your life could be descried as trivial, petty and pointless! But you may ask, how do I discover God’s purpose for me? I found this five steps really useful from Grace Houle of poured out his love blog and thought to share 🙂
- ASK GOD FOR HIS SPECIFIC PURPOSE FOR YOU: [So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Luke 11:9]
- BELIEVE GOD AT HIS WORD: [The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me. Psalm 138:8; For I know the plans I have for you, ‘declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11]
- EVALUATE YOUR STRENGTHS: Find out the things you excel in? Many studies have revealed that the average person has between 500-700 different skills/abilities. It is important to focus on just 1 or 2 of those strengths to try to understand your uniquely designed purpose. But make sure you also get a second opinion in this category, because I could say my strength is singing, but if that wasn’t the case, then I’m simply deluding myself 🙂
- EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT STRENGTHS: If you think you have a gift with children, then start involving yourself in children’s programs; if you think you can sing, offer your talent that way. Try different avenues. Be more proactive, and talk less!
- USE YOUR EXPERIENCE: What has happened in the past or is happening in your present has made you who you are. Good/Bad. God does not waste anything. Even your worst pains can be used for God’s glory. And the beauty of it all is that your pain will probably be where you derive your greatest passion and empathy for others. [That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Cor. 12:10.]
Isn’t it better to live a life God created for you to live, instead of a life you tried to plan for yourself; As Myles Munroe said, it is more tragic to be alive and not know why, than be dead and not know life. #Verseoftheday #Bible #Jesus #God #Devotional #PurposeOfLife #PurposefulLiving #MylesMunroe #LifeOfPurpose #Death #Grave #GraveYard #Life
Verse of the Day
“Submit to God, and you will have peace; then things will go well for you. [NLT] Job 22:21
Today I am reminded of the importance of living a life of purpose, a life you were born to live! But how do you know what life you were created to live? A wonderful man once said that everyone regardless of class, creed or colour will always ask themselves five questions:
(1) Whom am I? – A revelation of your essence, what you do?
(2) Where am I from? – In regards to your creation. If you don’t know where you’re from, you’ll never know what your quality is. If you feel you evolved from an animal then that’s the quality of what you’re made of! Your quality is dependent on your source!
(3) Where am I from and why was I conceived? There must be a purpose of your existence, no one just came into being by accident, or just showed up. There must be more to it!
(4) What can I do? No one knows your ability except your maker, your creator, the God of heaven and earth. Don’t let someone who doesn’t understand your potential to pull you down. Choose who you’re listening to. If you want to be a success, don’t hang around with failures. If you want to be great don’t keep company with people who don’t think great concepts! Don’t let people who don’t speak positively into your life influence your goals.
(5) Where am I going to? No one was born to die. You were born to fulfil a destiny. To fulfil a purpose.
What you’re looking for is exactly where you are. Success is where God has placed you. The future is not ahead of you, but on the inside of you. The grave yard is a rich place full of people who died without fulfilling their purpose! We need to make up our mind to die emptying out all that God has given to us to fulfil our life of purpose; and not to die without living the life God created us to live! With times like today we are reminded by Dr Myles Munroe that we ought to go to the grave yard disappointing it, by living the life God created us to live! Pour out your gift, live your life as you were created to live. And if you’re still in doubt as to what that life is, go back to your master builder, and He’ll be happy to tell you all about it! Submit your life and your ways to God, and you’ll see everything falling on pleasant places for you! Empty it all out! #Verseoftheday #Bible #Jesus #God #Devotional #PurposeOfLife #PurposefulLiving #MylesMunroe #LifeOfPurpose #Death #Grave #GraveYard #Life