Verse of the Day
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. [NIV] Proverbs 19:21
It is the purpose of God that matters in the end. Not the life you tried to plan for yourself. Why you ask, because living the life you were purposed to live is the fulfilled one. Someone once said: Without a purpose, life is motion without meaning, activity without direction, and events without reason. Without a purpose life is trivial, petty, and pointless. [Rick Warren]; and the plans outside of the purpose of God which you try to make for your life could be descried as trivial, petty and pointless! But you may ask, how do I discover God’s purpose for me? I found this five steps really useful from Grace Houle of poured out his love blog and thought to share 🙂
- ASK GOD FOR HIS SPECIFIC PURPOSE FOR YOU: [So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Luke 11:9]
- BELIEVE GOD AT HIS WORD: [The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me. Psalm 138:8; For I know the plans I have for you, ‘declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11]
- EVALUATE YOUR STRENGTHS: Find out the things you excel in? Many studies have revealed that the average person has between 500-700 different skills/abilities. It is important to focus on just 1 or 2 of those strengths to try to understand your uniquely designed purpose. But make sure you also get a second opinion in this category, because I could say my strength is singing, but if that wasn’t the case, then I’m simply deluding myself 🙂
- EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT STRENGTHS: If you think you have a gift with children, then start involving yourself in children’s programs; if you think you can sing, offer your talent that way. Try different avenues. Be more proactive, and talk less!
- USE YOUR EXPERIENCE: What has happened in the past or is happening in your present has made you who you are. Good/Bad. God does not waste anything. Even your worst pains can be used for God’s glory. And the beauty of it all is that your pain will probably be where you derive your greatest passion and empathy for others. [That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Cor. 12:10.]
Isn’t it better to live a life God created for you to live, instead of a life you tried to plan for yourself; As Myles Munroe said, it is more tragic to be alive and not know why, than be dead and not know life. #Verseoftheday #Bible #Jesus #God #Devotional #PurposeOfLife #PurposefulLiving #MylesMunroe #LifeOfPurpose #Death #Grave #GraveYard #Life
Verse of the Day
“Submit to God, and you will have peace; then things will go well for you. [NLT] Job 22:21
Today I am reminded of the importance of living a life of purpose, a life you were born to live! But how do you know what life you were created to live? A wonderful man once said that everyone regardless of class, creed or colour will always ask themselves five questions:
(1) Whom am I? – A revelation of your essence, what you do?
(2) Where am I from? – In regards to your creation. If you don’t know where you’re from, you’ll never know what your quality is. If you feel you evolved from an animal then that’s the quality of what you’re made of! Your quality is dependent on your source!
(3) Where am I from and why was I conceived? There must be a purpose of your existence, no one just came into being by accident, or just showed up. There must be more to it!
(4) What can I do? No one knows your ability except your maker, your creator, the God of heaven and earth. Don’t let someone who doesn’t understand your potential to pull you down. Choose who you’re listening to. If you want to be a success, don’t hang around with failures. If you want to be great don’t keep company with people who don’t think great concepts! Don’t let people who don’t speak positively into your life influence your goals.
(5) Where am I going to? No one was born to die. You were born to fulfil a destiny. To fulfil a purpose.
What you’re looking for is exactly where you are. Success is where God has placed you. The future is not ahead of you, but on the inside of you. The grave yard is a rich place full of people who died without fulfilling their purpose! We need to make up our mind to die emptying out all that God has given to us to fulfil our life of purpose; and not to die without living the life God created us to live! With times like today we are reminded by Dr Myles Munroe that we ought to go to the grave yard disappointing it, by living the life God created us to live! Pour out your gift, live your life as you were created to live. And if you’re still in doubt as to what that life is, go back to your master builder, and He’ll be happy to tell you all about it! Submit your life and your ways to God, and you’ll see everything falling on pleasant places for you! Empty it all out! #Verseoftheday #Bible #Jesus #God #Devotional #PurposeOfLife #PurposefulLiving #MylesMunroe #LifeOfPurpose #Death #Grave #GraveYard #Life
Verse of the Day
You, LORD, hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry, [NIV] Psalm 10:17
Life is a series of problems, it’s either you’re in one now, you’re just coming out of one, or you’re getting ready to go into another one. The reason for this is that God is more interested in your character than your comfort; God is more interested in making your life holy than He is in making your life happy. We can be reasonably happy here on earth, but that’s not the goal of life. The goal is to grow in character, in Christ likeness. No matter how good things are in your life, there is always something bad that needs to be worked on. And no matter how bad things are in your life, there is always something good you can thank God for. [Rick Warren]. So what if life, more particularly your life is filled with the high bits and the low bits, God say, throughout it all, He hears our desires, He encourages us through them all and listens to us when we call Him. So we are never abandoned. We are never alone. So it doesn’t matter what phase in life’s journeys you’ve found yourself in, remember He is always, forever by your side. You will get through them all, and well too if you don’t give up. #Verseoftheday #Devotional #Bible #PurposeOfLife #Depression #Faithful #God #NotGivingUp #Focused
Verse of the Day
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. [NIV] Micah 6:8
In an interview by Paul Bradshaw with Rick Warren, Rick said: People ask me, what is the purpose of life? And I respond: In a nutshell, life is preparation for eternity. We were not made to last forever, and God wants us to be with Him in Heaven. One day my heart is going to stop, and that will be the end of my body– but not the end of me. I may live 60 to 100 years on earth, but I am going to spend trillions of years in eternity. This is the warm-up act – the dress rehearsal. God wants us to practice on earth what we will do forever in eternity. We were made by God and for God, and until you figure that out, life isn’t going to make sense. My prayer today is that for those who still haven’t figured out their life’s purpose that the Spirit of God will reveal Himself to them speedily in Jesus name. #Devotional #Verseoftheday #Bible #PurposeOfLife